This 1 day practical course with Ross covers all you need to know to grow your own medicinal garden. Here at Ivywood we grow 250 species of medicinal plants to produce medicines for our own clinical practice and our herb nursery. During this course we will focus on a number of plants that are most useful to any household that wishes to have herbal alternatives right in their backyard for common ailments. We will take you through the ins and outs of seed sowing, propagation, maintenance, and care of specific plants and proper harvesting and drying of these plants. Participants will take home a number of plants that they have worked with as part of the course.
Take a listen to Ross giving you more info on this course with this YouTube video.
Over this practical 1 day course you will learn
• Different seed sowing techniques sowing and care, growing of medicinal plants
• Propagation methods – understanding the needs of your seedlings and how to best care for them
• Division, cuttings, and layering – how to multiply your plants successfully
• Transplanting - when, how, soil types and common mistakes that cause slow growth
• How to care for your medicinal herbs, feeding & pest control
• Harvesting, drying and seed saving techniques - how and when to know your plants are at their peak
You will experience
• Hands on practical learning with the plants
• Medicinal aspects of the plant will be discussed as we work with them
• Herb walk in the Ivywood gardens to better understand the plants
You will take home
• Any sown seeds, transplanted and divided plants etc we work on throughout the day
• Comprehensive notes
• Confidence to grow and work with a range of medicinal plants
All day courses include a vegetarian lunch and tea/ coffee and snacks. Our medicinal plant nursery is open with plants to purchase during all courses ran at Ivywood. Course attendees are welcome to avail of short walks in the Ivywood woodland during lunch and tea breaks. Please note this course is for over 16's. Children may NOT accompany course attendees.
|Event Date||To Be Confirmed|
|Event End Date||To Be Confirmed|