On this 2 day hands on practical course your will learn how to care for and nourish your skin from the inside and out using nutrition and your own herbal homemade beauty products. This course will teach you about the needs of your skin at every stage of life and how to care for it naturally. We will be learning about herbs that are beneficial to the skin and lymphatic system, and how to use them in variety of skincare products. This is the ultimate hands on practical herbal skincare course. This has always been our most popular course which we have now expanded.
What you will learn:
• How to look after you skin by cleansing the liver and lymphatic system
• The importance of using all natural, good enough to eat, products on your skin
• Skin nourishing nutrition - what foods are beneficial for your skin and why
• Which herbs are specific for skin health and how to incorporate them into your skincare product making
• Herbal oils - making your own from plants and an introduction to and sampling of different oils and their properties for making your own skincare products
• Natural suncreens - how to be sun safe
• Natural hair care - alternatives to chemical shampoos and conditioners
What you will make and take home:
• Handmade deodorant
• Facial cleanser
• Body scrub
What You will experience:
• Demonstrations of making: sunscreen, herbal shampoo, lip balms and more!
• Testing of homemade face masks, toners and creams
• Herb walk in the Ivywood gardens to meet our skin and lymphatic herbs
All day courses include a vegetarian lunch and tea/ coffee and snacks. Our medicinal plant nursery is open with plants to purchase during all courses ran at Ivywood. Course attendees are welcome to avail of short walks in the Ivywood woodland during lunch and tea breaks. Please note this course is for over 16's. Children may NOT accompany course attendees.
|Event Date||To Be Confirmed|
|Event End Date||To Be Confirmed|