This 2 day course is a collaboration between Marina & Herbalist, Nutritional Therapist and Naturopath Colleen Kennedy from Herbal Healthcare in Westport.
Join Colleen & Marina for an in-depth 2 days to learn how to heal your gut and how this is fundamental to bringing balance to your health. Maintaining gut health is key to helping so many conditions from digestive issues to our mental health. Most of us have experienced digestive discomfort at some stage in our lives. Whether you are suffering from a digestive issue or would like a deeper understanding of giut health, this course is ideal for you.
Over this practical 2 days you will learn:
• How to use herbs for several specific digestive issues.
• What is intestinal permeability and how to heal it.
• Looking at the Endocrine system as an orchestra, Thyroid and Adrenal support
• How to manage moods and anxiety
You will experience:
• Cooking demonstrations for optimal digestion
• Remedy demonstrations to relieve digestive complaints using kitchen ingredients and herbs
• Tasters of remedies and foods
• Q&A sessions over the 2 days
• Herb walk in the Ivywood gardens to meet our favourite digestive herbs
You will take home:
• Recipe handouts
• Shopping lists
• Gift pack of herbal remedies worth €50
• The ability to take control of your own digestive issues for better health
Colleen grew up in Westport, Co. Mayo, where her love of nature was nurtured by beautiful beaches and a wonderful landscape.
She travelled to many countries to gain experience in different healing modalities. It was in India and Nepal where she felt a great calling to work with people on a deeper level, and trained with several teachers in massage therapy.
When she returned to Ireland, she studied Herbal Medicine, Naturopathy and Nutritional Therapy with College of Naturopathic Medicine for 7 years. Colleen runs her practice from the Body and Mind Health Centre, Westport. She holds short courses in Herbal medicine and Naturopathic Health, and lectures with CNM in Galway and Dublin over the Academic year.
"My aim as a Naturopath and Herbalist is to engage with and educate my patients, to stimulate the vital force that is within us all, and to encourage the capacity to take responsibility for our own healing"
For more information on Marina from Ivywood see Our Story
All day courses include a vegetarian lunch and tea/ coffee and snacks. Our medicinal plant nursery is open with plants to purchase during all courses ran at Ivywood. Course attendees are welcome to avail of short walks in the Ivywood woodland during lunch and tea breaks. Please note this course is for over 16's. Children may NOT accompany course attendees.
|Event Date||To Be Confirmed|
|Event End Date||To Be Confirmed|