This 2 day course is a practical hands on course for the anyone wishing to learn the specifics of making natural remedies for everyday illnesses. Each participant will be making and cooking up their own herbal medicines for a range of conditions from respiratory issues to digestive complaints. This is an in-depth course also covering nutrition and over 25 medicinal plants that can be easily grown or wild harvested. Each person will be making 6 remedies to take home. They will also be taking home other samples of remedies which will be demonstrated over the 2 days. This is a fun, yet intense, course with lots of tasters and hands on making. This has always been one of our top courses!
To hear more about what to expect on the course take a look at what Marina has to say on our YouTube video.
What you will learn:
• We will cover 25 herbs – the most useful for 6 different systems of the body
• How to use these herbs for specific health conditions
• Introduction to methods of herbal remedy making ie: oils, tinctures, ointments etc.
• Nutritional care for the health conditions covered
What you will experience:
• Making 6 remedies from fresh plant material from the gardens
• Demonstrations of additional remedies made over the 2 days
• Tasters of each of the plants covered and remedies made
• Herb walk at the Ivywood gardens to meet the plants we will be using
What you will take home:
• Your 6 handmade herbal remedies
• Samples of other remedies made over the 2 days
• Herbal information handout for 25 herbs
• Recipe booklet
All day courses include a vegetarian lunch and tea/ coffee and snacks. Our medicinal plant nursery is open with plants to purchase during all courses ran at Ivywood. Course attendees are welcome to avail of short walks in the Ivywood woodland during lunch and tea breaks. Please note this course is for over 16's. Children may NOT accompany course attendees.
|Event Date||To Be Confirmed|
|Event End Date||To Be Confirmed|