Our clinical practice Ivywood Apothecary is a herbal medicine and nutritional therapy practice where we treat varying health conditions. In the clinic dispensary we make our own herbal tinctures, oils, vinegars, glycerites, and dried herb stock from our own plants growing in our gardens and woodland. At the clinic dispensary bespoke herbal medicine formulas, lotions, creams, balms, and other external herbal remedies are made for individual patients based on consultations.
- Harvesting plants for tincture, glycerite, oil and vinegar making
- Making tinctures, glycerites, oils, vinegars, lotions, creams etc.
What you will learn:
- Herbal medicine making techniques
- Herbal medicine formulation
- Identification of medicinal plants
- Growing of specific medicinal plants
- Gain more knowledge on using the plants in clinical practice
- Learning via case study’s on specific medical conditions
You will always be working alongside a qualified herbalist for this work. We only take 1-2 volunteers a year at the Apothecary and work is over the summer months. If you are interested in volunteering at Ivywood Apothecary please contact Marina here.
Unfortunately, we cannot offer accommodation for volunteers. We ask volunteers to please bring a packed lunch.